Graduate Project Manager – 2022 & 2023 Start
Apply by 31st August 2023
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at www.aecom.com and @AECOM.
We have a number of exciting opportunities across the UK & Ireland for graduates to work within our Project Management Teams.
As a graduate project manager at AECOM, you have the opportunity to work on a number of exciting projects across a wide array of sectors. These include education, health care, sports facilities, residential and transport to name but a few, for both public and private sector clients.
The role of the Project Manager is dynamic and stimulating. As a graduate PM you will assist other members of the PM team to drive projects forward and ensure that our clients achieve the built assets that their business function requires. This involves working at all stages of the project from initial concept right through to construction and operation of the building. The PM is a key interface between the client, design team, consultants, contractors and other project stakeholders.
The PM helps to ensure actions are carried out by the appropriate parties at the right times to ensure deadlines are met and that value is added to the clients projects.
To be effective in the role of a graduate PM you must have strong communication skills, be good at building relationships and rapport with the various parties involved in a project, be good at planning and managing your time, be highly motivated, and be committed to delivering excellent service to our clients.
Day to day duties include:
- Regular liaison with all relevant parties,
- Liaising/Assisting Senior/Associate Project Managers
- Contact administration
- Data management
- Coordinating the project team
- Planning key tasks
- Reporting on progress and cost
- Site visits and meetings
- Bachelor’s degree (min 2:1 or equivalent) in Project Management, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering is essential.
- A Master’s degree in Project Management or Construction Management & relevant work experience would be an advantage.
- Effective decision making and strong verbal and written communication
- Proactive and driven approach to work and creating success
- Ability to working in a team of diverse individuals to meet common objectives
- Buy-in to achieving deadlines set by Clients and Managers
- Good organisation skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and willingness to ask for help when needed, as well
- You must have the right to work in the UK as we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for these roles.
- Relevant work experience would be advantageous
- RICS or CIOB accredited degrees would be preferable.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Home/Virtual Work Location