Graduate Quantity Surveyor – 2022 & 2023 Start
Apply by 27th October 2022
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at www.aecom.com and @AECOM.
We have a number of opportunities across the UK&I for Quantity Surveying graduates to work within our project cost management teams, to help provide construction cost management services to our clients in the UK and around the world.
AECOM provides Cost Management services to Clients in both the public and private sector, and to organisations in all areas of the Construction Industry including:
- Commercial – new build, refurbishment and fit out for major property developers
- Manufacturing, Industrial and Automotive facilities for Clients such as Rolls Royce, BMW and Jaguar Land Rover
- Education establishments including schools, academies and universities
- Residential developments for developers such as Orbit, Waterloo and Bromford Housing
- Leisure and Culture projects such as theatres, concerts halls and museums
- Infrastructure schemes, including large scale rail, highways and water projects. Graduates will have the opportunity to work on local projects, as well as to interact with teams based across the UK and potentially further afield.
You will also have chance to be involved in all stages of a project; from initial project definition and brief, cost planning, through to procurement, construction and building use, you have opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients including some very high profile names, often working alongside other construction professionals in multi-disciplinary teams. We believe that actually doing the work itself gives the best opportunity to learn, so you can expect to be given responsibility, and will need to be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team, all whilst receiving the guidance and support to allow you to develop.
The Cost Management role we offer can be varied and is dependent on the Client, sector and project we are working for. The role is generally split in to pre and post contract duties, which can include:
- Cost modelling and cost planning
- Value and Risk Analysis
- Life Cycle costing
- Procurement tasks and managing tender processes
- Compilation of contract documentation
- Attendance at site progress meetings
- Completion of Valuations
- Financial reporting
- Due Diligence reporting
- Review and management of change control procedures.
A Quantity Surveying Graduate at AECOM could have the opportunity to assist in all of the above tasks, and see projects from inception to completion on site.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (min 2:1 or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying (preferably RICS accredited)
- Effective decision making and strong verbal and written communication
- Proactive and driven approach to work and creating success
- Ability to working in a team of diverse individuals to meet common objectives
- Buy-in to achieving deadlines set by Clients and Managers
- Good organisation skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and willingness to ask for help when needed, as well as support other members of the team
You must have the right to work in the country for which you are applying as we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for these roles.Preferred Qualifications
- Relevant work / placement experience would be advantageous
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
IE – Cork – Montrose House, IE – Dublin – 24 Lower Hatch Street, IE – Galway Technology Park, UK – Belfast – Clarence West, UK – Bristol – Portwall Place, UK – Cambridge – Wellbrook Court, UK – Cardiff, UK – Edinburgh – Tanfield, UK – Exeter, 2nd Fl, Block B East, UK – Glasgow – 120 Bothwell Street, UK – Leeds, UK – Liverpool, Merchants Court, UK – Manchester – 1 New York Street, UK – Norwich – Cavell House, UK – Oxford – Avalon House, UK – Peterborough – Clarence House, UK – Plymouth – Plumer House, UK – Southampton
Home/Virtual Work Location