Commercial Graduate Surveyor
Job Type: Graduate Scheme
Closing Date: 8th October 2021
Cheffins are looking for a Full Time Commercial Graduate Surveyor for an established team with a varied portfolio of properties for a range of clients. The successful candidate will join a close-knit team of surveyors across Management, Agency and Professional and will spend time working within all areas of the business.
- Be provided with full APC support with an assigned supervisor and counsellor
- Attend quarterly sign off meetings and 6 monthly supervisor counsellor reviews
- Be able to attend organised CPD Events, mock interviews and be provided with Case Study support
- Be provided with a varied workload to achieve your mandatory, core and technical skills required for the final APC assessment.
The position is full time Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm.
Salary negotiable and dependent on experience.
Cheffins manage a wide range of property portfolios for large institutional clients including some of the Cambridge Colleges. With over 40 management clients and a varied portfolio of over 200 properties.
We also act for a wide range of Landlords, Developers and Corporate Occupiers in the industrial, office, R&D and retail sectors. The firm has particular expertise in advising on the life science and technology markets around Cambridge and works on a portfolio of Business and Science Parks across the region
We are able to provide an interesting and varied workload to a graduate aiming to qualify as a Chartered Surveyor.
Main Purpose / scope of the role
- Within the Commercial property management and professional team – manage Landlord and Tenant property transactions, rent reviews, lease renewals and licenses.
- Liaising with tenants, advising on property portfolios and identifying opportunities for maximising investment performance.
- Identifying repairs, obtaining quotes and instructing contractors
- Ensuring lease compliance and overseeing applications to assign, requests to sub-let or undertake alterations
- Updating and maintaining property records on the Propman data base
- Within the Commercial property valuation team – Carry out Red Book valuations across a wide range of asset classes for a variety of purposes including; Accounts, Taxation, management buyout, financial planning, independent expert. Inspect and measure property, research the market, produce valuation and draft reports.
- Within the Agency Team – Carry out disposals via lease or sale across a wide range of asset classes. Inspect and measure property, advise on method of disposal, produce property particulars, conduct viewings and answer any queries. Collate offers and negotiate with potential purchasers. Report to client with recommendations. Agree sale, carry out background checks, instruct solicitors, respond to any queries. Follow through to completion.
- Maintain database of relevant transactions and other office administration tasks
The successful candidate must have a RICS Accredited degree and be computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience of Propman or other property management software is desirable.
Work experience in a customer facing role is essential and experience in Commercial Property is desirable.
Skills and Abilities (Competencies)
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills / written and verbal
- Ability to meet multiple demands and deadlines
- High level of accuracy
- Commitment to meeting or exceeding expectations
- Ability to work as part of a team, maintaining confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to establish strong interpersonal relationships with team members, clients and contractors
- Good sense of humour
Working conditions / Special features / practical requirements
- Required to work in an open plan office with the Commercial Agency and Management team.
- Full clean driving licence, with use of own car which is insured for business use.
Skip creating a full Gradfeed profile and just apply for position
Create a full Gradfeed Profile
When you create a full profile with Gradfeed you get all features